Learn how to perform effective Internal and Supply Chain Audits of your organisation’s Quality Management System against the enhanced requirements of the Automotive Industry Quality Standard IATF 16949:2016.
This specially extended 3 day course, based on ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 requirements:
- Explores both standards
- Examines the ability to audit customer-specific requirements by the OEM’s
- Examines how the performance of Core Analytical Tools are evaluated
- Develops in the Learner a comprehensive working knowledge of the enhanced Auditing Skills required to facilitate Value Added Audits in the
- Automotive Sector and its Supply Chain
3 Days, 09.00 – 17.00
Who should attend?
This course will benefit experienced auditors looking to upgrade their audit skills and become familiar with the requirements of both ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016. Those new to auditing will also gain the knowledge to conduct audits to the Automotive Industry requirements. Delegates will learn to audit to the requirements of the standards using the automotive process approach.
While there are no formal pre-requisites, it is strongly suggested for delegates to gain the most from this course, a knowledge of ISO 9001:2015. We recommend our ISO 9001:2015 Foundation course as a minimum level of awareness of the current quality standard associated with this course.
The course utilises a variety of teaching methods including interactive workshops, simulated audits, tutorials and case studies. These methods facilitate the development of the necessary skills to conduct an effective internal audit including:
- Develop practical audit skills to facilitate value-added audits
- Enhance evaluation and communication skills necessary to conduct effective audits
- Refine reporting skills to document value-added audit findings, and validate corrective actions for effectiveness
This course utilises the newly revised IATF16949:2016 as the reference standard for Automotive Quality Management Systems. By attending this course, delegates will gain an understanding how to audit using the automotive process approach, as well as the ability to audit the customer-specific requirements defined by the OEM’s.
- Review of IATF 16949:2016 Quality Management System criteria
- Discussion of the automotive process approach and it relevance to customer satisfaction and business performance
- Relationship of the core quality tools (FMEA, PPAP, MSA, APQP, SPC) to IATF 16949:2016 and how the core quality tools are evaluated as part of Internal Audits
- Co-ordinating an effective process-based audit program
- Prioritising audit frequency based on risk
- Developing effective process-based auditing techniques
- Development of process-based auditor working documents (i.e. checklists)
- Practicing process-based auditing skills using interactive workshops
- Evaluating the significance of audit findings and their impact on business performance and customer satisfaction
- Development of communication skills and techniques necessary for the presentation of audit findings
- Writing value-added non-conformity statements
- Developing, implementing and verifying of corrective actions
- Auditing continual improvement programs and business objectives
What are the benefits
Organisations that are currently registered to ISO/TS 16949:2009 must complete their transition to IATF 16949:2016 by September 2018 or they run the risk of having their registration lapse which could have implications on their ability to continue as an approved supplier to the OEM’s. This new revision has expanded the requirement for suppliers to automotive industry to become registered to IATF 16949:2016 rather than simply demonstrate conformance. These requirements pertain to any organisation that performs design and development, production and when relevant, installation and service of automotive-related products. Audit of suppliers is a new requirement of IATF 16949:2016. The audit methods and principles learned in this course are directly applicable to supplier auditing. Specific situations where supplier auditing may differ from internal audits will also be discussed during the course.
Offering better value for money, they can be designed to closely match your specific requirements.
Style of Delivery and Course Leaders
Our course leaders have unrivalled quality management systems design and improvement experience. They are qualified and experienced auditors with extensive practical management experience across a wide range of sectors including manufacturing, finance, pharmaceuticals, local and national government. We have extensive experience working across cultural boundaries, through our work in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia and the Americas
Delegates successfully completing the course will be awarded a CQI and IRCA Certified training accredited certificate. (2351)