The Global Standard for Storage & Distribution Issue 4, launched on 2nd November 2020, reflects best practices and facilitates a process of continual improvement through well-designed risk-based product safety management systems.
It ensures the quality and safety of products during storage and distribution throughout the supply chain.
This new Standard is specifically designed for logistics operations dealing with Food, Packaging, and Consumer Products.
Duration2 Days, 09.00 – 18.00
Who should attend?
- Existing auditors of Issue 3 of the Storage & Distribution standard
- Certification Body Scheme Managers
- Technical & Quality Managers from sites who wish to gain a deeper understanding of the Global Standard’s audit process and changes from Issue 3.
The intention of the course is to enable delegates to gain a full understanding of the principles and requirements of the Standard and changes from Issue 3, including fundamental clauses, and statements of intent.
Delegates will also review how to undertake a Global Standards audit, including planning and reporting of the audit.
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- List the aims of the BRCGS scheme
- Describe the format, scope and structure of the Standards
- Effectively audit the requirements of the Standard
- Complete the BRCGS audit and write the audit report
- Identify and explain changes to the Standard from Issue 3 – Issue 4
- Utilise and understand the benefits of the BRCGS resources
Course contentThis course is developed in modules and formatted for virtual or face to face learning. This blended approach reinforces understanding with individual and group activities including case study exercises and a post-course assessment.
In-House CoursesOffering better value for money, they can be designed to closely match your specific requirements.
Style of Delivery and Course LeadersOur course tutors have approved training providers, approved by BRCGS, CQI & IRCA and RSPH. They are qualified and experienced with extensive practical knowledge across a wide range of sectors including food manufacturing, catering and retail.
This BRCGS course carries the following Assessment: 50 question exam: pass mark 75%.
Delegates successfully completing the course will be awarded a BRCGS Certificate issued by the BRCGS.