Introduction to Internal Food Safety Auditor Course
Based on the leading global food safety standard, this highly interactive two-day training programme is designed for those people who require a sound understanding of the techniques and principles of food safety auditing. It also covers the role of the food safety auditor in the development and improvement of an effective food safety management system.
This course is essential for those who will undertake internal food safety audits, or who will be required to plan, manage and implement internal audit programmes.
2 Days, 09.00 – 17.15
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for food industry personnel intending to become involved in the internal audit process for the maintenance and improvement of their food safety programmes including those:
- Involved in auditing the site HACCP program or external suppliers
- Intending to become involved in the internal audit process for the maintenance and improvement of their site’s food safety management system.
Typical roles include Quality Assurance Managers, Supervisors and internal audit team members. The audit principles and techniques developed in this course can be applied to any food safety management standard.
To enable delegates to effectively plan, perform, evaluate and report the results of internal environmental audits with confidence. To help delegates understand the key attributes of an efficient and effective environmental management system and the role of the internal auditor in its continual improvement and development.
It is an IRCA recommendation that all delegates have the following prior knowledge:
- A basic knowledge of the concepts of food safety management including prerequisite programmes and HACCP principles
- Understand commonly used food safety terms and definitions
- An understanding of the requirements of ISO 22000 or GFSI schemes such as FSSC 22000, BRC, SQF or IFS.
- Understand the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle
To understand the audit process and be able to plan, perform and report the results of internal food safety audits with the aim of developing and improving the food safety management system of an organisation. To help delegates to understanding best practice for ensuring successful internal audits.
- Introduction to auditing food safety management systems
- This course is based on ISO 22000, BRCGS and other GFSI recognised standards
- Audit preparation including audit scheduling, audit planning and audit checklists
- Performing the audit including opening meetings,non-verbal communications, question techniques, resolving conflict and gathering objective evidence.
- Presentation of audit findings including the evaluation of audit findings, non-conformity classification, corrective action requests, developing an audit report, closing meeting and root cause analysis.
- Follow up activities
- Key to successful internal audits
What are the benefits
Upon successful completion of the course delegates will be equipped with the technical skills and knowledge required to plan, conduct and report internal food safety audits. Delegates will also find the interactive nature of the course, it’s challenging content and extensive use of team-based exercises stimulating and surprisingly enjoyable.
The knowledge and skills developed in the course can be applied to internal audits of any food safety management standard.
Delegates can apply for certification as a CQI and IRCA Certified Internal Auditor if they have also completed an FSMS Foundation Course or can prove equivalent knowledge when applying.
Offering better value for money, they can be designed to closely match your specific requirements.
Style of Delivery and Course Leaders
Our course leaders have unrivalled management systems design and improvement experience. They are qualified and experienced auditors with extensive practical management experience across a wide range of sectors including manufacturing, finance, pharmaceuticals, local and national government. We have extensive experience working across cultural boundaries, through our work in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia and the Americas
Delegates successfully completing the course will be awarded a CQI and IRCA Certified training accredited certificate. (2340)
Internal Food Safety Auditor
You have selected:Course: Internal Food Safety AuditorNumber of Candidates: 1
Dates and Venues
- 4-5th October 2021 - Virtual Delivery
- 2-3rd December 2021 - Virtual Delivery