FSSC 22000 v5.1 Lead Auditor Course
This practical workshop-based course is for those intending to acquire the competencies to audit an organisation's entire Food Safety Management System (FSMS) to meet the requirements of the FSSC 22000 scheme, either as a third or second-party auditor.
The Food Safety System Certification 22000 (FSSC 22000) includes a complete certification Scheme for the auditing and certification of a Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS).
The scheme was developed through extensive and open consultation with many global stakeholders and uses international and independent standards such as ISO 22000, ISO 9001, ISO/TS 22003, and technical specifications for sector-specific Pre-Requisite Programs (PRPs), such as ISO/TS 22002-1.
The FSSC Scheme cover sectors where a technical specification for sector PRPs has been developed and follows the food chain category description as defined in ISO/TS 22003.
This intensive, challenging and highly interactive training program is for those people who require an in-depth understanding of the knowledge and skills required to perform second and third-party audits of a FSMS against FSSC 22000 or ISO 22000. Many of the skills acquired on this course can be applied to auditing other Food Safety Management Systems.
5 Days, 08:30 – 17:30 (Days 1 to 4) 08:30 – 15:30 (Day 5)
Who should attend?
This FSSC 22000 Lead Auditor (FSMS) training course satisfies the training requirements for those who wish to register as a food safety management system lead auditor with the CQI and IRCA under the food safety auditor scheme
Food safety professionals with a responsibility to design, implement and manage a Food Safety Management System that meets the requirements of FSSC 22000 or ISO 22000
Food safety auditors who have been looking to enhance their auditing knowledge and skills or looking to achieve formal recognition for their skills and knowledge.
Auditors, from any Organisation in the food chain, who need to lead audits and audit teams, both in their own Organisation and in others, such as suppliers, where there is a requirement to audit Food Safety Management Systems against FSSC 22000 or ISO 22000
It is ESSENTIAL that those attending this course have the following prior knowledge:
- Knowledge of the principles of food safety management including pre-requisite programs and HACCP
It is RECOMMENDED that those attending this course have the following prior knowledge:
- The relationship between food safety management and the provision of safe food
- Awareness of common examples of relevant national and local FSMS legislation (in the food sector and country relevant to the delegate)
- Knowledge of the requirements of FSSC 22000, ISO/TS 22002 and the commonly used food safety management terms and definitions as given in FSSC 22000
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- PDCA cycle and its use within an FSMS
- The FSSC standard (ISO 22000, ISO 22002 pre-requisite standards and FSSC additional requirements
- Terms and definition used in FSSC 22000 and ISO 22000
- FSMS Documentation
- ISO 19011/ ISO17021 and auditing
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party audits
- Benefits of third party accredited certification
- The audit processes
- Selecting an audit team
- Stage 1, Stage 2, surveillance, unannounced and recertification audits
- Auditor responsibilities and competencies
- Planning and conducting an audit
- Auditing Food Safety Management System requirements
- Generating audit findings and nonconformities
- Reporting and following up of an audit
What are the benefits
This practical workshop based course is designed to develop the knowledge and competencies needed to perform an audit of an FSMS. The course will also develop delegates’ wider understanding of food safety management systems design and implementation and understand how HACCP must be embedded into the Food Safety Management System of an organisation for it to be effective.
Successful completion of the course and the achievement of the 70% pass mark will satisfy the formal training requirements for those wishing to register as an Auditor, Lead Auditor or Principal Auditor with CQI and IRCA Certified training under the food safety auditor scheme.
Offering better value for money, they can be designed to closely match your specific requirements.
Style of Delivery and Course Leaders
Our course leaders have unrivalled quality management systems design and improvement experience. They are qualified and experienced auditors with extensive practical management experience across a wide range of sectors including manufacturing, finance, pharmaceuticals, local and national government. We have extensive experience working across cultural boundaries, through our work in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia and the Americas
Delegates sucessfully completing this course will be awarded a CQI and IRCA accredited certificate (2461).
FSSC 22000 v5.1 Lead Auditor
You have selected:Course: FSSC 22000 v5.1 Lead AuditorNumber of Candidates: 1Course Date: 26-30th September 2022 - Sunderland
Dates and Venues
- 26-30th September 2022 - Sunderland