The IEMA Environmental Sustainability Skills for the Workforce course is a one-day awareness course developed to upskill all workers with an elemental understanding of environmental sustainability principles. Relevant to any job role across all sectors this course will help to embed environmental cultural change into an organisation.
Those businesses seeking to refresh environmental management within their business and looking for true value from ISO 14001, achieve their environmental goals and actively change their culture will value the support this course delivers.
The course covers the main environmental risks and opportunities facing organisations; the importance of resource efficiency; the impacts of pollution, prevention, control and legislation; the impact of transport; and knowing how employees can support environmental sustainability.
Duration1 Day, 08.30 – 16.45
Who should attend?This course is ideally suited for those working in any job role across all sectors and has no formal entry requirements. It is benchmarked against the Level 2 RQF descriptors. This is an ideal course for those developing into the role of, or existing, designated environmental champions in the workforce.
Course objectivesThis course will equip delegates with an understanding of some of the key concepts of sustainability in business and will develop relevant skills to be able to support sustainable development within their own business.
- Develop an understanding of the main environmental and economic risks and opportunities
- Develop an understanding of compliance obligations and business drivers for change
- Develop an understanding of the main potential impacts on environment and sustainability
- Develop an understanding of how to improve environmental performance
What are the benefits
Attendance will enable delegates to:
- Understand the key concepts and benefits of a sustainable business
- Support the application and development of sustainability in their own business
- Be able to promote, build and support sustainability within their business
In-House CoursesOffering better value for money, they can be designed to more closely match your specific requirements
Style of Delivery and Course LeadersOur course leaders have substantial experience in the field of environmental management systems. They are qualified and experienced with extensive practical management experience across a wide range of sectors including manufacturing, finance, pharmaceuticals, local and national government. We have extensive experience working across cultural boundaries, through our work in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia and the Americas.
The assessment for Environmental Sustainability Skills for the Workforce consists of an online 20 question multiple-choice test. The test is completed through the IEMA assessment portal and candidates are sent a link upon registration to the assessment.
Delegates successfully taking the course and passing the course assessment will be awarded an IEMA Sustainable Skills for the Workforce certificate.
Environmental Sustainability Skills for the Workforce
You have selected:Course: Environmental Sustainability Skills for the WorkforceNumber of Candidates: 1
Dates and Venues
- 18th December 2023 - Virtual
- 31st January 2024 - Virtual
- 29th February 2024 - Virtual
- 22nd March 2024 - Virtual
- 12th April 2024 - Virtual
- 26th July 2024 - Virtual
- 23rd October 2024 - Virtual