IntroductionBuild the practical skills and knowledge you need to develop an Environmental Management System (EMS) with this training course. Discover the actions, tools and techniques required to implement or improve an inherited EMS, including procedural and process information.
Duration2 Days, 09.00 – 17.00
Who should attend?
- People involved in planning and/or coordinating the implementation process for a system addressing environmental issues
- People who have been assigned the task of establishing or inheriting an EMS
- Decision-makers in the implementation process
- Those wanting to understand the implementation process
- Identify environmental aspects and impacts that create the baseline from which an EMS is created and developed
- Recognise cultural change and management issues, which play a role in the implementation process
- Establish the initial steps to be taken in developing an EMS
- Develop skills in the preparation of written procedures and required documentation
- Recognise the appropriate resources and capabilities necessary for maintaining an EMS
- What is an EMS
- How to Implement & Improve an EMS
- The ISO 14001 model and an ISO 14001:2015 Standard Revision Overview
- Developing an Environmental policy
- Common features of an EMS
- Identifying environmental risks
- Managing environmental improvement actions
- Operational controls and emergency planning
- Training & communication
- Developing and maintaining EMS documentation
- Monitoring, measuring and reporting
- Auditing and management review
- Cultural change and implementation
- Maintaining an EMS to achieve continual improvement
What are the benefitsThis course offers valuable, practical knowledge and skills essential to design , implement and manage an efficient environmental management system.
In-House CoursesOffering better value for money, they can be designed to closely match your specific requirements.
Style of Delivery and Course Leaders
Our course leaders have extensive experience in Management Systems across a wide range of sectors including manufacturing, service and professional organisations including Local, National and International Government. This wide experience enables them to make the course more interesting by using their relevant examples and case studies during workshop discussions.
Our team of staff has extensive experience of working across cultural boundaries, through their work in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia and the Americas.
CertificationDelegates will receive a Certificate of Attainment
Design & Build an EMS
You have selected:Course: Design & Build an EMSNumber of Candidates: 1
Dates and Venues
- 4th-5th March 2024 - Virtual
- 19th-20th September 2024 - Virtual