IMS Auditor (Quality/Environment) Course
This integrated management systems internal auditor programme combines the disciplines of quality and environmental management systems. The course is based on auditing to the ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 standards.
This interactive three-day training programme is designed for those who need to be able to understand and apply recognised principles and techniques of effective management system auditing for quality and environmental management systems.
The modern management systems’ auditor needs to be trained not only on procedural auditing, but also be able to audit processes with an emphasis on a risk-based approach. An effective audit will bring benefits to your organisation and ensure the integrated management system (IMS) continues to meet its objectives.
Internal auditors need to understand their role and responsibilities and be sufficiently competent in evaluating the IMS effectively. This course focuses delegates on the most important attributes of an IMS and helps them to understand the role of the auditor in its development and continual improvement.
3 days, 9.00 – 17.30
The course does not require any past auditing or quality/environmental management system experience.
Who should attend?
This course is an essential for those who will undertake internal integrated management system audits based on the ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 standards, or who will be required to plan, manage and implement internal audit programmes.
Other people who find this course useful are team leaders and supervisors within the IMS, who are looking to broaden their awareness of quality and environmental issues in order to understand how they can improve their overall contribution to the success of the business.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will:
- Understand the purpose and benefits of management systems
- Have a greater understanding of the structure, content and the intent of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001:2015
- Be familiar with the terms and definitions used
- Have a greater understanding of the concept of the process model and apply the process approach
- Be aware of all stages of the audit cycle
- Gain the knowledge and skills necessary to plan, conduct, report internal audits of management systems
- Overview of ISO 9001:2015 quality and ISO 14001:2015 environmental Management System requirements
- Plan-Do-Check-Act methodology
- Quality and environmental management principles
- Risk-based thinking
- Auditors roles and responsibilities
- Types of audits
- Effective auditing tools and techniques and good audit practices
- Reporting valid findings and managing corrective actions
What are the benefits
Successful delegates will be equipped with the technical skills and knowledge required to plan, conduct and report internal integrated management systems audits, saving both time spent on auditing and cost to your organisation. Delegates also find the interactive nature of the course, it’s challenging content and extensive use of team-based exercises an enjoyable and effective way to learn.
Offering better value for money, they can be designed to closely match your specific requirements.
Style of Delivery and Course Leaders
Our course leaders are quality management professionals, as well as being qualified, registered and experienced auditors. They have extensive knowledge across a wide range of sectors including manufacturing, finance, pharmaceuticals, local and national government. They have all cut their teeth as successful change agents within high profile organisations, and fully understand the range of technical, legislative and people challenges that face those with a responsibility for delivering real quality improvements.
Delegates successfully completing the course will be awarded an iqms Learning Integrated Management System (IMS) Auditor certificate.